Green Earth Awakening 2018: Travel & General Information
An intense discussion | Image © Steve Jackson 2015
This page will be updated with further information as it becomes available. Please check this page before you travel to the Green Earth Awakening for any last minute updates.
Buddhafield Green Earth Awakening Camp Wednesday 12 — Sunday 16 September 2018.
Arriving and Leaving
Gates are open from Wednesday 12 midday until Sunday 16 evening. The closing ceremony will be on Sunday 16 midday with the final meal on offer being the Sunday lunchtime.
The event runs on a daily timetable which will be located at the info point. Each morning will start with meditation and body work followed by workshops and talks. The Buddhafield Café will be running set meal times through the day.
There will be 2 types of wristbands issued at the gate, for either entry without meal pass and entry with meal pass.
All inclusive meal passes for Buddhafield Café are available online here. The pass will include all meals from Wednesday evening to Sunday lunchtime. Individual meals will also be available at Buddhafield Café and other outlets including, Outer Regions.
Car Passes and Live In Vehicles
We ask for a contribution of £25 per car and £35 per live in. This money goes back into the land fund to maintain and preserve the 50 acres of land owned by Buddhafield. Passes can be bought online here.
- That you do not bring alcohol, drugs, unauthorised sound systems or dogs onto the site.
- That you respect other campers. There is no official "Quiet Camping" area, as we are not able to enforce this.
- As much as possible, we want to protect the soil and watercourses on the site. Therefore, we ask that you bring cleaning products such as hand wash, shampoo, shower gel and washing up liquid that do not contain Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate, Dioxane, Parabens, Propylene glycol, Diethanolamine or DEA.
On Site Contact Number
The on site contact number is 07747 446 040.
Please consider using public transport if you can: the Traveline website is a good place to start. Alternatively you could try posting lift offers/requests using the Free Wheelers lift sharing scheme.
The nearest station is Taunton. Journeys take about 2 hours from London or Birmingham, 1 hour from Bristol and 30 minutes from Exeter.
Taunton is about 4 hours from London and 1 hour from Bristol. National Express run regular services to Taunton.
The 22 runs from Taunton Bus Station (south bound) to Wellington regularly through the day. Last bus is at 8pm. The journey is 22 mins.
Last bus from Wellington Post Office is 18.30 on Sunday.
Check www.traveline.info to plan your journey
From the Post Office on Wellington High Street, the site is 3 miles. It is an uphill walk. Follow the link for a walking map
We are sorry, but we will not be running a shuttle bus service.
The site does not have a Post Code, sat nav coordinates are 50.946237, -3.202360, the nearest Post Code is EX15 3UZ, and the GEA site entrance is about 400m east of the entrance to this postcode. If you have reached the stamp museum, turn around and the entrance will be on your left in 400m.
The GEA is about 5 miles west of the Buddhafield Festival site.
From the M5
- At junction 26, take the A38 exit to Wellington.
- Slight left towards Gerbestone Lane 262 ft
- Turn right onto Gerbestone Ln 0.9mile
- Turn left onto Ford St 0.5mile
- Continue uphill towards Hemyock 1.1mile
- Turn right
- In 200 metres the site entrance will be immediately on your left
From the A303
- If travelling West (coming from London), about 8 miles out of Illminster turn right onto the B3170 signed for Corfe and Taunton.
- If travelling East, then about 7 miles after Honiton, turn left onto the B3170 signed for Corfe and Taunton.
- Take a left at the rusty-white road sign towards Blagdon and Wellington.
- Carry on following the signs for Wellington, pass the Holman Clavel pub on the left.
- At the crossroads go over the junction.
- Continue straight for around 5 miles until you see the signs for Buddhafield.
- The entrance will be on the left just after a crossroad.
And if you get lost...!
GEA Site Mobile: 07747 446 040.